Friday, July 9, 2010

Joyner's - 8151 East 21st Street

Down home comfort food and plenty of it! Fried chicken, pork chops, fried catfish and lots more. The evening we went to Joyner's with a group of 12, we all went through the buffet line although I believe they do have a menu as well.

On the buffet, you get two meat items and 3 sides with endless refills. I got a smothered porkchop that just about covered my plate and then, on top of that, I got a quarter rotisserie chicken that nearly covered the pork chop!! For sides I had sweet potatoes, corn and spinach. I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

All twelve of us had two, yes two, desserts to celebrate a birthday and an anniversary: chocolate cake and lemon cake. Both of them delicious. If you're really, really, really hungry and just don't give a damn about your health, this place is heavenly.