Friday, July 9, 2010

Chimi's - 5320 South Harvard

I mentioned in a previous blog how the process of food blogging interferes with appreciation of the food because Phoebe and I have become more analytical about the food we're eating. It seems to happen more frequently with Mexican food than with others. Our most recent victim was Chimis.

We went there for a working lunch with a small church group. Phoebe got the Southwest Salad which she has liked for years and still does. I got the chicken chimichanga which I order infrequently, but I had enjoyed it so much at Andales, that I couldn't resist revisiting it. Oh my, what a disappointment. The chicken didn't have much flavor and there was almost no cheese on it. I didn't finish eating it because I simply didn't care for it.

I have eaten at Chimi's for years and always enjoyed it but even the rice was disappointing. I wonder if it would have been OK if I weren't comparing it with Andales. I'm not giving up on Chimi's, but I won't order the chimichanga again.