Thursday, February 25, 2010

Andales - 61st & Yale, Kingspointe Village

Well, here we are back at Andales. I had never tried their Chimichangas, so I decided to vary from my usual selection (enchiladas) and be a little adventurous. I've had chimichangas at several other restaurants in town with a mixed experience. Sometimes they were pretty good, sometimes I really didn't like them. So here goes.

This chimichanga was a winner. The meat choices were ground beef, fajita beef, shredded chicken or fajita chicken. I chose shredded chicken. Good choice. The chimichanga was stuffed with cheese (cheddar? a mix?) and chicken. I don't know how much it weighed, but it was enormous, and the flavor was heavenly. It was served with rice and beans (from our previous blog, you know I like them). About halfway through the meal, I pushed it aside, thinking, I'll take this home in a box. Then I ate a little more. Then a little more. Then, well, you know, I ate the whole thing. I was stuffed and a little ashamed of myself for such a gormandizing performance. But, it was so goooooood, I just couldn't stop!

Phoebe, on the other hand, ordered something called "The Skinny Bowl." I'd like to think she wasn't just trying to lay some guilt on me, but, well . . . we won't go there. At any rate, it was a bowl of their tasty rice topped with grilled veggies, fire-grilled fajita chicken and pico de gallo. It comes with a light italian dressing. She had ordered a small bowl of white queso with our chips, and she poured the remainder of it over her meal. A little less "skinny" perhaps? Was she doing this to make me feel better? No. It just tastes really good that way.

In our last Andales review, I told you we'd return to try the Buneuela dessert. Not this trip! No way, Jose! Maybe when the weather turns warmer (and it WILL warm up someday, won't it?), we can go down some evening, sit out on the patio and order just the dessert. Maybe after some Margaritas.

I just can't figure out why we can't lose weight.

Ciao!